Friday, September 6, 2013

Things Just Work Out Here

I've come to realize today why so many people flock to the Disney Empire and spend thousands of dollars to visit.  Things just work out here.  No matter how you mess things up on your own, Disney is ready with your back up plan.  We started out this morning right on time.  Half way to the Magic Kingdom, Isaiah whispers in my ear, "I forgot my lanyard."  You're kidding right?  The 5 times I asked does everyone have your card apparently did not apply to him.  We had been right on schedule to meet Merida.  It's all Jena has been waiting for since we told them we were coming.  A morning with Merida.  So as to keep everyone happy, Jason and I came to the conclusion that we would split up and I would return to the resort to get his card.  That was until our happy smiling bus driving informed me, no worries, guest services will just give you a new one.  Three minutes later we were back on track.  Crisis adverted.  Fast forward past a wonderful time with Merida, who Jena was so excited to meet she had tears in her eyes and was almost speechless.  Fast forward past a hilarious encounter where Rachael found out she hasn't met her Prince Charming because her Fairy Godmother has been intoxicated but Cinderella's Fairy Godmother is going to have a talk with her.  Fast forward past a hilarious encounter with Gaston where we were all enthralled with his narcissism.  He informed the lady in front of us that it was a good thing that she had a fan because she was going to need it because of him.  Because he's hot.  He didn't want to sign the autograph books because they are in fact, books.  Without pictures. Oh the horror!  It was awesome.  Even Jason was so entertained, he had his picture taken with Gaston.  We had a fabulous lunch at Be Our Guest and despite finding out my children hate French food, it was a fabulous experience. Fast forward past a wonderful day of rides and shows.  Wonderful rides like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, where Rachael tried to lose her cellphone when it fell out of her back pocket.  Worried, she raced back in where the wonderful cast member asked her if he had found it and were to open the screen saver, what would he find.  She informed him it was a picture of her and Aladdin.  It was in fact, her and Aladdin on the recovered phone and after being told what a nice picture it was returned to her.  Another crisis averted.  Fast forward past the Celebration Parade where the kids made fun of me because I was jumping up and down without realizing it calling out the characters, "Jafar, Jafar over here!  Hi, Jafar!  Belle, Belle, it's Belle!  Genie!  Hi Genie!  Oh my goodness, it's the Princesses!  Hi Princesses!!!!!" and on and on like I too was 8 years old.  The parade led to a torrential downpour that sent us sprinting into the Hall of Presidents for an amazing presentation where Jason and I were giddy with excitement.  The kids humored us.  We promised them homeschool credit.  Morgan Freeman narrated a wonderful exhibit of patriotism and passion for our country.  Any other day a thunderstorm would delay or disrupt the plans but not at Disney, the cast members in the shops turned into improv performers and comedians, the indoor rides became shelters and no one was any worse for the wear.  It just works out.  Fast forward and you'd see Isaiah winning Disney Character Bingo at our resort because the pool had to close for the storms.  You'd never know or care that wasn't your first choice for the evening. With a smile, they just turn the negative into a positive. Even when we made it to Chef Mickey's for our Character Dinner and I realized I forgot the autograph books and started to feel like a horrible mom, it worked out.  No problem for Disney.  I was given a hand written letter from Liz the manager, who gave me permission to come back another night to just run in and get the kids books signed!  It just works out here and after all the stress and heartache in the world, I'm thankful that there is a brief oasis from the outside humdrum. It's a good reminder that sometimes it's just the attitude that we face our difficult circumstances with that makes all the difference.  As I write this, I'm amazed at how many wonderful memories are running through my head that I didn't even touch on!  I appreciate you traveling along with us.  Tomorrow is a sleep in day, a visit to a waterpark and wherever else we head on a whim.  The kids are all sound asleep and I'm ready to join them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment