Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ohana Means Family

Ohana means family and a really filling family style restaurant where we had another fabulous dinner on Day 3 of Disney.  It amazes me how much fun we can really have together.  Don't get me wrong.  We have our moments where we snap at each other, or the kids shove one another out of the way, or I get a little short tempered and have to apologize but overall we'll throw out the bad in forgiveness and just take home the memories of the good times.  Today, we had a LOT of good times.  We had a nice relaxed breakfast at our resort where Mickey waffles were the order of the day and then we meandered over to Hollywood Studios.  We started off our visit getting caught up in a street performance where Ki was selected to do a juggling trick and Jason was hit on by "Paige Turner" because of his "Don Johnson sunglasses" and "extra pockets".  It was hilarious and the kids were super excited to be a part of the show.  We checked into the Tower of Terror Hotel next where Jena froze up at the last minute and Jason and she sat out that ride.  The kids and I had a blast though and I think she regretted sitting it out because she was all in to try Aerosmith's Rock N Roller Coaster.  In all fairness, Jason and I had NO CLUE that there were 2 loops and a corkscrew in black light and neon when we told her we thought it just went fast and had the corkscrews.  Weren't we surprised to find out otherwise BUT Jena Grace was SUPER proud of herself and was so glad she did!  She ended up tackling the Tower of Tower and riding Aerosmith with me in the last car! We are so proud of her overcoming her fears and finding out that this is what we've been trying to tell her all these years.  I told her she is ready to turn 10 now.  She further surprised us tonight by engaging in our football conversation and she is even retaining some of the rules of the game.  It was a proud moment for Jason and I.  Ruth checked off an item of her bucket list when we ate her birthday lunch at Pizza Planet and it was really good!  I can't believe all the food they give you on the dining plan.  We really enjoyed several of the attractions at Hollywood but all agreed we enjoyed Epcot just a bit more.  We have interesting conversations when we're just hanging out and I think that is the part I really enjoy the most.  Jason, Isaiah, Ruth and I have especially enjoyed celebrating a New Year's Night tonight with the launch of NFL football and we even got some glimpses of the first half at dinner.  Good thing Jason and has good eyes and could see around the tiki heads to the tv in the bar.  We're snuggled up and ready for a short night sleep to head to the Magic Kingdom tomorrow.  Oh, and if you've ever wondered why we aren't Amish, Isaiah explained it tonight when he out of the blue told us, we couldn't be Amish because we like to sleep in.  Now you know what precludes us from that option.  Like I said, I love hanging out with my Ohana.  Because Ohana means Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment