Sunday, July 31, 2011

From the Kids' Perspective

Rachael "The Awesome" -Hello, my name is Rachael the Awesome DeKelSki. I am on vacation. Lauren is on a sugar high. And I am having a blast with my family. We went to Wyoming today. Summer home of Harrison Ford. Walked around Devil's Tower, where Steven Speilberg has been. Those were the highlights of my day. Cannot wait to meet Harrison Ford. Oh and I finished Lord of the Rings on my portable DVD player, which is purple. I like vacation. No school. Or math. Those are even bigger highlights. All right, that is all!

Ruth "The Nerd" -Because Nerds are Awesome! Today, we went to Devil's Tower and it is basically an all things movie field trip (ATM). Yesterday, we hiked at Sylvan Lake, they filmed National Treasure II there. Also a fun ATM field trip. Mt. Rushmore is pretty legit. I got a cool snow globe and a post card for Adam. We had fun at lunch at Subway today. Lauren could not stop laughing. That is all have a good night.

Ki "the Peacemaker"- In South Dakota, we went to Mt. Rushmore, which was beast. ha ha and I've dreamed about going there my whole life. We, me and my brother Isaiah, got four document souvenirs. We went to Crazy Horse which wasn't as cool as we'd thought it would be. I've been getting cool pictures so far. That's it.

Jena Grace "Miss Pretty Pretty"- Um, ha ha ha....I don't know what to say to people. Ummmmm. I like Mt. Rushmore. It was really cool. In the car, we've been doing fun stuff with each other like travel bingo and the license plate game. We only 7 plates left to find. And ummmm, when we saw the three deers fighting it was really cool. And I have had a lot of fun with Elisha. Tomorrow I am looking forward to getting to Yellowstone. And I hope we get there before it shuts down. Bye.

Isaiah "The Moose"- We have watched a lot of fun movies. And, it has been a long time in the car. (35 hours so far) We got cool documents that Dad got me and Ki. The Declarations from National Treasure the first one. (Declaration of Independence). And ummm, we ummmm, we saw really cool things and then climbed really cool rocks. And ummmmm, we did stuff really fun and stopped at Bucees on the way. And ummmm, we we we ummm, we left from our house and now we're all the way in Montana. And, ummmm, we saw the Blue Brothers where we eat. (Fuddruckers in Billings) I'm looking forward to seeing a bear in Yellowstone. We had a lot of fun seeing Mt. Rushmore with our friends. We saw Prairie Dogs. We are at a hotel, bye.

Jana "The Mom"-Well, as you can tell. The kids are having a great time and we are loving seeing the country. My favorite part of today was Little Bighorn. Love that time in history. Yesterday, I lived out a jr. high dream and stood where Kevin Costner stood in Dances with Wolves. We are laughing alot and learning alot. So blessed to be able to see this great country with our kids and friends! Thanks for all the prayers for safe travels.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. Love that Rachael is awesome and then Ruth says she is a nerd b/c nerds are awesome. Does this mean Ruth is calling Rachael a nerd as both are awesome?

    ReplyDelete